Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Harrassment By Traffic Wardens?


At 9.30am my vehicle pulled up in Frederick Street.

Within one minute a warden appeared at the window. As the rain was bouncing off the roof I decided to remain in the vehicle.

The conversation went something like this...
"Are you going to move?"
"No. I would like to put you on notice that you and other Wardens are harassing me."
"I am only doing my job"
"You are aware that there is no CPZ Order in place. The City Solicitor is also aware. Director of Regeneration, Phil Barrett is also aware. They are allowing you to continue to issue tickets in the knowledge that they are not backed by any legislative authority. This is harassment and they are involving you. I suggest you ask for sight of the legislation you are relying on before I begin any action."


At this point a supervisor was called.
He was also put on notice that a diary of the activities of the Wardens was being kept. He advised that they had to issue tickets otherwise they could lose their jobs. I made him aware that harassment was a criminal offence.
He stated, "I have asked to see the CPZ Order. No-one has been able to show it to me."

The ticket was issued and the supervisor was handed a copy (for his and the other Wardens information) of the letter which has gone off today to the City Solicitor, Bob Rayner.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home